At Hendrix College we have a great story – rich academic experiences, a vibrant campus life, close knit community, and much more. The Content Specialist makes sure that the Hendrix story is told, and told well. Reporting to the Vice President for Marketing Communications, this position will work in all areas of marketing, internal and external, to ensure consistent, targeted communications for Hendrix College. Activities will include work in diverse media and areas of communications. Primary Duties
- As campus photographer, fulfill the overall photography needs of campus including photographing campus events, managing the photography schedule for campus, supervising student photographers, maintaining the College’s photography library and equipment inventory.
- Manage the College’s presence on all social media channels, as well as the overall voice and style guide as it pertains to social media.
- Write and edit news releases for distribution to online news center
- Manage the College’s event publicity program, including updating events on the College’s online calendar and sharing on social media when appropriate
- Directly supervise student editors of “Hendrix Today,” our daily online newsletter
- Serve as Assistant Editor of Hendrix Magazine, including contributing articles and ideas, using editing and proofreading skills, and directly supervising student writers and designers to produce the Alumnotes section
- Edit monthly alumni and parent e-newsletters and frequently write articles for newsletters
- Provide support for the marketing efforts of the campus community in collaboration with the graphic designer to produce materials such as posters and event programs.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, especially photography software such as Photoshop and Lightroom, as well as familiarity with InDesign.
- Capable of producing high-quality photography using mid-range to high-end digital SLR cameras
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and the Associated Press Stylebook
- Demonstrable experience and/or online portfolio of quality work as a photographer and marketing professional
- A bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
Apply online at: https://goo.gl/touQ8B
Hendrix College strives to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees treat each other with respect, dignity and courtesy. The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or national origin. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:Shawn Goicoechea, Assistant Director of Human Resources & Title IX Coordinator 1600 Washington Ave, Conway, AR 72032 501-450-1415 firstname.lastname@example.org Julie Brown, Section 504 Coordinator, 501-505-2954, email@example.com