Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 51 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, etc. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The organization's programs focus on conserving wildlife, restoring habitat and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change. To support our mission, we seek a Digital Campaigns Manager to join our team in Reston, VA.
As the Digital Campaigns Manager you will develop and implement digital campaigns to support the advocacy and fundraising efforts of the National Wildlife Federation. You'll work collaboratively with teams across the Federation to create email, social media, and web content that is engaging, on-brand, and on-target, while listening to and representing the voices of our members, supporters, partners, and followers. You'll also support the Federation's advocacy, fundraising, and program goals, uncovering opportunities, overcoming challenges, and fueling success across multiple engagement platforms.
In this role you will:
- Develop integrated campaigns utilizing action alerts, fundraising appeals, social media content, and website copy to support the Federation's revenue, advocacy, and program goals
- Work as part of a collaborative team to develop and implement digital engagement strategies
- Collaborate with national, regional, and affiliate partners to support the Federation's conservation priorities. Serve as a knowledgeable and accessible resource about digital campaigns and digital engagement strategies
- Analyze performance metrics and monitor progress toward goals, fine-tuning strategies as necessary. Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies and use these insights to inform continuous improvement. Promotes data-driven decision making
- Endeavor to stay abreast of innovative digital campaign methodologies and strategies. Foster a knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree required
- Professional experience in direct marketing field is strongly preferred
- Passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places is desirable. Experience working in a member organization, in environmental conservation or in political campaigns a plus.
- Superior communications and political savvy, and excellent time management and organization skills. Creative thinking. Problem solving. Attention to detail.
- An ability to work in a dynamic environment, coupled with strong initiative and willingness to take on projects and run with them
- Knack for managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines, staying on budget, and delivering quality content and user experiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS is desirable, as is familiarity with various CRM databases and reporting tool
- Experience with a mass mailer program like Convio, BSD Tools, Salsa, MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar would be ideal.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we encourage you to submit an application. A background check will be conducted on the selected candidate.
Interested candidates should submit both a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume.
Marketing Communications, Environmental Protection-Conservation, Digital Content Development, Fundraising