Auto req ID
Assistant Director of Admissions
Harvard Graduate School of Education
USA - MA - Cambridge
Faculty & Student Services
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, this position:
• Manages the admissions process for the Doctor of Education Leadership (Ed.L.D.) program from recruitment to yield; works closely with the program on the interview process.
• Develops, leads, and implements innovative strategies to identify and attract a diverse applicant pool, which may involve partnerships with other organizations.
• Organizes and represents HGSE at on-campus, off-campus, and virtual recruiting events.
• Represents HGSE at events, including developing and facilitating presentations for a wide range of groups.
• Counsels prospective applicants/students regarding degree offerings and admissions process.
• Serves as liaison between Admissions and program faculty directors and staff, as well as other offices.
• Oversees admissions process and committee work for Ed.L.D. and master's programs, working autonomously and as team member.
• Evaluates applications for admission.
• Advises on and assists in executing the Ed.L.D. marketing strategy.
• Acts as member of team, contributing at all levels as needed and handling special projects as required.
Bachelor's degree and previous experience with marketing, recruitment, or event planning; ability to work evenings/weekends and travel to events as required.
Applicants wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Any applicant wishing to be considered for this position must indicate that they meet all of the basic requirements in either their cover letter or resume.
Master's degree, prior admissions experience, as well as experience with and/or knowledge of PreK - 12 education preferred. Previous experience navigating and negotiating across diverse audiences (e.g., faculty, students, administrators) preferred. Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills; strong presentation skills. Strong attention to detail and ability to work under and meet tight deadlines is essential. Demonstrated ability to work independently and contribute as member of team, develop relationships with wide variety of internal and external constituencies, provide high-level of customer service, handle confidential information, balance need to be both detail-oriented and strategic, and work in fast-paced environment. Experience with Microsoft office suite including: Word, Excel and Access or other database system.
Please attach resume and cover letter as one document.
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/6b9rmtkwkmbr4my9