PeopleTec is currently seeking a Software IV&V / Safety Airworthiness Engineer, Apache (Junior) to support our Huntsville, AL operations.
Candidate will participate as a team member of Software Airworthiness and Safety team for a critical Army PEO Aviation program. As a member of the team work alongside other contractors performing software airworthiness and safety analysis of requirements, design, code, and testing. Principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide weekly and periodic status reports and technical reports as requested
- Preview software requirements, design, and verification tests and analyses, documentation and or models for compliance with software airworthiness and safety qualification standards and requirements
- Review software source code, code generation processes and models, and build procedures, etc for compliance with software airworthiness and safety qualification standards and requirements
- Participate in IPTs, software design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews, test report reviews, and problem report reviews, as requested
Qualifications, experience, or knowledge in the following areas are ESSENTIAL:
- 3 years of experience in an applicable field
- Software development or V&V analysis experience with a critical system similar to safety critical aviation system
- Ability to express engineering findings orally and in written technical reports
- Software development/lifecycle IEEE 1207, MIL-STD-498, etc.
- Familiarity with one or more software languages; C, C++, C#, Ada
- Familiarity with civil and military airworthiness qualifications
- Familiarity with software safety requirements such as: DO-178B, DO-278, and DO-254
- Ability to work as part of a diverse contractor team (multiple companies)
- Motivated and customer focused with a drive for quality technical results
- Travel Required: 10%
- Candidate must have a current DoD SECRET Security clearance and the ability to maintain it
Education / Certification Requirements:
A completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development, Systems Engineering, or other scientific file with relevant work experience related to the safe design and operation of software intensive systems is required.
- Experience with UH-60 Black Hawk and/or Aviation Survivability Equipment (ASE) Highly Desired
- Embedded software development to industry best practices
- Software development processes for Flight-Critical and Safety-Critical Software; Rhapsody, DOORS, SCADE, etc.
- Software development and evaluation tools such as: McCabe, LDRA, Coverity, Klocwork, Polyspace, Understand, etc.
- Systems engineering development processes
- System Safety and Software Safety requirements IAW MIL-STD-882, JSSSEH, AMCOM REG 385-17, SAE ARP 4754, SAE ARP 4761, IEC 61508, ISO 26262
- Open Group (OMG) Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) standard
- System Theoretical Process Analysis/System Theoretical Analysis Management Process (STPA/STAMP)
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number ( 256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.