Role: Research and Learning Specialist
Department: Research & Learning
Reports to: Director, Research & Learning
The Research & Learning Specialist will share in the research, planning, monitoring and evaluation of UWSEM programs as part of the Research & Learning Team's mission to drive organizational improvement.
- Conduct program evaluations in collaboration with various UWSEM program teams.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative evaluations.
- Assist in the design of program evaluations and evaluation instruments.
- Collect, organize and analyze data in a wide-range of formats and from multiple sources.
- Create and present reports summarizing key findings to internal and external audiences.
- Conduct basic research exploring means to improve the quality of life for residents of Southeastern Michigan.
- Collaborate with outside vendors for external evaluations and data-sharing.
- Other tasks and projects as needed.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek to engage unique abilities, strengths and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
- Communicates Effectively
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Learning
- Drives for Results
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Inclusion
Preferred Abilities & Experiences:
- Strong evaluation and research skills
- Experience using survey and interview instruments (SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics)
- Experience conducting interviews and focus groups
- Able to present findings clearly and concisely
- Able to engage a wide range of internal and community stakeholders
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience working in an urban setting
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods
- Experience or training with data visualization software such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience or training in statistical analysis and statistics software such as SPSS, JMP, STATA or SAS
- Experience or training in using API's or ETL to link data
- Coding experience, especially Python or R
- Experience with GIS mapping software
- Experience with database management and/or programming (MySQL or similar)
- Bachelor's degree minimum; Master's degree preferred
- Professional experience in similar role preferred
- Academic or professional training in analysis and evaluation
United Way for Southeastern Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.