Looking for a way to influence the health and healthcare of many?
If so, we'd love to hear from you! Our mission-driven organization is focused on the“Triple Aim” - Better Health, Better Healthcare and Lower Costs to individuals and their families who participate in our health plans.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the digital communication effort to engage and educate the multi-cultural participant population.
Essential Job Functions:
- Translate and fine-tune content targeted for our Hispanic participants in the form of emails, social media posts, print mailers and other promotional pieces such as flyers, posters, wallet cards, etc.
- Coordinate with Communications staff to ensure translation accuracy on all participant communications.
- Provide advice and guidance to help make all Communication pieces targeted for the Hispanic population more culturally engaging and impactful.
- Help maintain the database (Vitech) with current contact information by managing lists in email and texting systems (specifically Constant Contact and CareMessage).
- Maintaining opt-in/opt-out preferences in the various systems.
- Track online analytics and support internal data reporting needs.
- Assist in minor updates to the organization's Intranet (Pulse).
- Assist in participant outreach and surveying of Hispanic participants to help Communications better understand perceptions and behaviors of this very important cultural group.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the job.
- Perform Essential Job Functions and Duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Some college coursework preferred
- Fluent in Spanish (written and verbal) required. Native Spanish speaker preferred
- Knowledgeable of Hispanic culture and influences required
- Certificate in translation preferred
- Experience in community engagement, customer service, healthcare or communications Excellent written and verbal skills – including the ability to engage participants in meaningful conversations
- Understanding of how to navigate web sites and mobile apps
- Some familiarity of Microsoft office or comfortable learning new systems
- Strong knowledge and understanding of variety of social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Organized, efficient, reliable and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to collaborative teamwork
- Strong interpersonal skills evidenced by the ability to interact effectively with colleagues, vendors, and external professionals
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Manage competing deadlines and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
UNITE HERE HEALTH serves 90,000+ workers in the hospitality and gaming industry nationwide. Our desire to be innovative and progressive drives us to develop impactful programs and benefits designed to engage our participants in managing their own health and healthcare. Our vision is exciting and challenging. Please read on to learn more about this great opportunity!
- Integrity – Must be trustworthy and principled when faced with complex situations
- Ability to build positive work relationships – Mutual trust and respect will be essential to the collaborative relationships required
- Communication – Ability to generate concise, compelling, objective and data-driven reports
- Teamwork – Working well with others is required in the Fund's collaborative environment
- Diversity – Must be capable of working in a culturally diverse environment
- Continuous Learning – Must be open to learning and skill development. As the Fund's needs evolve, must be proactive about developing new areas of expertise
- Lives our values – Must be a role model for the Fund's BETTER Culture and Mission (Better, Engage, Teamwork, Trust, Empower, Respect)