PeopleTec is currently seeking a Security Specialist to support our El Paso, TX operations.
Performs security related activities relating to the day-to-day support of a Government classified facility. The Security Specialist assists the facility's Security Manager with day-to-day security functions to ensure the facility meets government standards that relate to Classified Open Storage Certification and Physcial Security Standards, as directed by the Facility Security Officer. The Security Specialist will assist the Security Manager with all tasks relating to Physical Security, Operational Security, Anti-Terrorism Prevention, and will execute a Security Training Program that trains and prepares the facility's contractor staff members for all matters related to security and the protection of classified materials.
- Manage the day-to-day security functions for a US Government Classified Facility
- Serve as the principle advisor to the Government Lead and Program Director on all information security matters
- Maintain cognizance of all supported requirements' security functions and provide guidance, direction, coordination and oversight to designated assistant security personnel for staff members
- Develop, implement and update a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) that relates to all security related matters and functions for a US Government Classified Facility
- Serve as the principle classified material POC for the facility, ensuring all incoming and outgoing classified documents and media are properly marked and documents
- Develop and implement a unique badging system that clearly identifies levels of access for visitors to the facility
- Coordinate and track required security-related training for facility staff members
- Maintain and reference Security Classification Guides for all supported programs
- Manage the processes and documentation for creating, marking and protecting classified and sensitive information within the facility
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of any alarm or Intrusion Detection Systems for the facility on behalf of the customer
- Assist in the development and implementation of security emergency management and contingency planning in case of facility evacuation
- Maintain liaison with public affairs and operations security to ensure information intended for public release receives required security reviews
- Coordinate with other activity officials regarding security measures for the classification, safeguarding, transmission, declassification, and destruction of classified information
- Supervisory Responsibility: Oversee the day-to-day functions of the facility's Administrative / Security Assistant
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Experience working within DoD related programs.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Experience reviewing and implement DoD Security Doctrine
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Travel Required: None: Unless for Training
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
- Candidate must currently have an active Secret security clearance and be able to maintain this clearance level during employment
A completed Bachelor's Degree is preferred, but not required.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800 ) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.