ALSAC exists to raise funds and awareness for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our staff is dynamic and diverse. Our skills are different, our professions are varied; but
our mission is the same: support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude. It’s more than a
job; it’s a place where you can do what you love, and love why you do it.
- #1 Hospital Charity in the Nation
- #1 Health Non-Profit Brand of the Year
- 94% of Employees Agree ALSAC is a Great Place to Work
- Ranked a Top 10 Non-Profit Organization by Revenue
Provides support to innovation project team and other ALSAC fundraising departments for design and development of user interfaces for emerging innovation project and web technology initiatives. Defines user interface (UI) development efforts, participates in strategy/requirement gathering meetings, acting as an advocate for user-centered design to ensure usable web applications. Plans and assists determination of information architecture, taxonomy, and nomenclature. Provides strategic support by helping to organize and prioritize incoming projects. Builds prototypes for new and iterative initiatives. Maintains development methodologies, and branding considerations, especially related to CSS, and compatibility issues. Implements and codes the user interface design directly and/or with guidance from stakeholder subject matter experts. Functions as a core member of the innovation project team.
- Requires complete understanding of graphics production for the web, graphic optimization, scripting, page building; experience in building large scale websites; demonstrated experience with visual HTML tools such as Dreamweaver; must be able to design and build fully-functional web prototypes; expert knowledge of Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) design/coding and issues related to browser and platform differences (PC versus Mac).
- Must have solid web design experience with a variety of URLs demonstrating usable design skills and be proficient in graphics tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks.
- Requires effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with experience writing requirements or other project documentation for web teams; requires exceptional listening skills; experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Must be detail oriented, actively seeks to employ new technology, creative problem solver, ability to take direction and handle multiple projects as needed.
- Requires familiarity with implementing usability concepts, and usability testing methodologies. Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Information Technology or related field and at least 10 years design experience, including 8 years’ experience in web design and HMTL coding and including experience in usability analysis or UI design for web based applications.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
ALSAC/St. Jude Benefits
Our benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and commitment to work-life balance, means you can work to help other families while always being there for yours.