HRC’s development department is a fast-paced, high profile, high-performing department. The Associate Director for Leadership Giving reports directly to the Vice President of Development, and will collaborate to help grow and expand HRC’s leadership giving program. This position is responsible for strategy, administration and fundraising. In addition, this position will assist with development of prospect lists and cultivation management and ensure proper stewardship of existing donors. This position will interface regularly with the major gifts team, the stewardship manager, and with members of HRC’s senior leadership team.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Development on the annual work plan and fundraising budget for the Leadership Giving program.
- Coordinate regular meetings with the VP of Development and the major gifts team to develop strategy and planning for leadership giving prospects.
- Manage and coordinate weekly meetings with fundraising consultants, stewardship manager and major gifts team on donor strategy.
- Help manage trip-briefing materials, and develop post-trip reports for follow up.
- Manage post-visit follow up and ensure acknowledgement of donations and appropriate post meeting communications are executed flawlessly.
- Coordinate, with HRC’s president’s assistant, to set up regular fundraising strategy meeting. Manage, in consultation with the VP of Development, donor communications and retention plans. In addition, work with the president’s assistant on scheduling donor trips.
- Initiate and evaluate donor research and prospects. Maintain database of prospects and research.
- Coordinate contacts with donors, prospects and key organizational contacts for invitations to events, updates, briefings and other opportunities to interface with the organization.
- Ensure top donors are looked after through proper recognition and custom communication in their interest areas. Maintain communication log with top donors and prospects to track progress and results.
- Coordinate regular donor update conference calls for leadership giving donors, Federal Club, Federal Club Council and Equality Circle members.
- Coordinate call times for HRC’s president in coordination with the VP of Development, director of major gifts and stewardship manager.
- Track and coordinate moves management for leadership giving donors, super PAC lead donors, top HRC major donors, and top tier prospects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Four to seven years or more of significant fundraising experience required
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Superior interpersonal skills are required, along with the ability to understand complex and nuanced situations
- Experience successfully cultivating, closing and stewarding six- and seven-figure gifts is required
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately with a high level of professionalism, organization and collaboration
- Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while balancing administrative, programmatic and management functions and work individually, within the division and cross-organizationally to maximize the effectiveness of existing and future fundraising efforts
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive)
- Occasional travel necessary
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position does require occasional evening and weekend work
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Initiative plus the ability to anticipate needs and proactively communicate
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of LGBTQ issues
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
Please apply online at https://www.hrc.org/careers.
To apply for this position, please visit the following link.