Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 51 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, etc. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The organization's programs focus on conserving wildlife, restoring habitat and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change. To support our mission, we seek a highly motivated Senior Analyst, Membership Marketing, to join our team in Reston, VA.
This position is responsible for in-depth analysis of direct marketing programs by planning and creating marketing segmentations, interpreting data from standard and ad hoc reports, and conducting market research to improve fundraising programs' performance. S/he will serve as the primary point of contact for cost-benefit analyses and forecasting, statistical testing and experimentation, budget creation and re-projections and creating business cases that lead to informed decision making.
Reporting into the Director of Membership, the Senior Analyst will administer and oversee multiple direct marketing projects, data cleansing and manipulation, statistical reporting and analysis, and list management. This position is responsible for creating and producing reports and other analytical tools to measure and drive the department's efficiency, quality and performance, maintaining database integrity and continuously supporting the department's focus on being a data-driven, efficient business operation.
The Senior Analyst will supervise two staff members and work to ensure that the team as a whole fulfills both the data operations and campaign performance reporting critical to ensuring a healthy membership enterprise.
In this role you will:
- In coordination with the Director of Membership, oversee the daily operations critical to ensuring the growth and longer term stability of the Federation's Membership enterprise.
- Plan and create direct marketing segmentation, using insights from previous marketing analyses, market trends and testing results.
- Provide support to fundraising staff by assisting with creation of customized reports and mailing lists, developing and implementing policies and procedures, and serving as the liaison with the Strategic Business Operations (SBO) department.
- Assist in identifying operational improvements and other alerts based on data trends.
- Interface with all departments and assist with ad hoc analytics as needed.
- Be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of membership data, including input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support.
- Prepare and publish regular reports to track performance to goals for NWF Direct Mail programs.
- Provide analysis to end users and suggest modifications/improvements in reporting designs based on knowledge of the information desired.
- Segment and analyze donor campaigns, contributors, and contributions.
- Work with SBO to implement and update database functionality and customization to meet the organization's needs and take advantage of full capability of the CRM systems.
- Manage all data exports and imports for offline campaigns ensuring appropriate QCing and coaching as needed.
- Develop and analyze key marketing metrics to ensure campaigns are meeting engagement, retention, and revenue goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Business Management, Economics, Information Science, or related fields required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in a nonprofit/association, fundraising or marketing experience preferred
- Experience building campaigns, analyzing key marketing metrics, and developing strategy for prospect and existing member marketing programs.
- Organized, effective manager, with strong interpersonal skills to work efficiently and build strong relationships with cross-functional business partners.
- Superior project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and related communications simultaneously. Results orientated, yet adaptive to shifting priorities.
- Commitment to work within a team to meet timelines and deliverables with a strong focus on member service
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent communications skills and the ability to translate data insights in writing and illustrate them visually.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office is required. Knowledge of CRM databases and systems a plus.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we encourage you to submit an application. A background check will be conducted on the selected candidate.
Interested candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume.