Bilingual Registration Representative
Medical - Registration
The Registration Representative position is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks essential for the efficient care of patients at CCHS, including handling incoming calls, scheduling appointments, registering patients, and financial counseling. The primary responsibility will be a high volume of inbound calls and appointment scheduling. The Registration Representative will attend to patients in a timely and professional manner, document their work in CCHS's practice management system, and assist other members of their care team as needed for the efficient care of patients.
- Answer inbound phone calls and function as a switchboard operator as necessary.
- Make appointments for patients, cancelling and rescheduling appointments as necessary according to prescribed scheduling rules.
- Complete registration process for patient appointments, including demographic and insurance verification (primary and secondary), patient management system data entry and revision, payment collection, and other clerical work as necessary.
- Assist patients with contacting insurance companies when questions arise concerning services covered and payment of services.
- Process missed appointments, error reports, insurance pre-verification reports, and other registration-related reports as necessary.
- In the absence of an Enrollment Counselor, provide face-to-face financial counseling for patients, notably uninsured/under-insured patients, and explain eligibility and application requirements to patients for various state, federal and local programs, and CCHS sliding scale fees.
- Collect pertinent documentation required for eligibility determinations, and assist or refer patients as necessary to complete forms or applications related to their insurance coverage.
Other universal working standards and documentation
- Greet and interact with all patients, staff and visitors in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Monitor and update worklists and queues to ensure that no patients are subjected to unnecessary delays.
- Thoroughly, accurately, and promptly document all work completed in the practice management system.
- Be knowledgeable of and in compliance with applicable standards, laws and regulations by regulatory and accrediting organizations such as: BPHC, JCAHO, CLIA, OSHA, and the State and Federal Governments. Maintain patient confidentiality according to HIPAA and the CCHS Confidentiality Agreement.
- Regularly check mail, e-mail and voicemail and respond promptly and professionally to all inquiries.
- Attend to shared responsibilities in each work area, including answering phones, cleaning, stocking, and organizing common work areas, and assisting with orientation and training of other employees as needed.
- Work a reasonable schedule, which may include an assignment at any location and during any of the hours that CCHS provides services.
- Interpret for limited English proficiency patient/clients in the absence of an interpreter, if bilingual.
- Perform other tasks required in support of the assigned care team, but which are not detailed within this job description.
- Good interpersonal skills, including an ability to work well with the variety of ages, cultures, and temperaments represented among CCHS staff and patients, treating others with kindness and professionalism.
- Some computer skills required (Windows based, including experience with Microsoft Office) and telephone operator experience preferred.
- Typing speed of 45 wpm.
- Commitment to demonstrating personal integrity through punctuality, honesty, an ability to follow instructions, proper attention to detail in all work matters, and a willingness learn from others.
- An ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities in accordance with the needs and mission of the clinic, multi-task, and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing or stressful conditions, including unanticipated changes to working schedules or locations.
- Adequate written and verbal communication skills for communicating coherently and professionally with patients and co-workers.
- Conscientious of departmental and organizational policies and procedures, and able to embrace and personify the mission of CCHS.
- Bilingual ability as needed.
High School Diploma or its equivalent.
At least 2 years of experience in customer service, office work, or a clinical setting. Billing and/or patient financial services related experience and some knowledge of commercial insurance and Medicaid is preferred. Bilingual - Fluent Spanish
Licensure or Certifications
Level 3 – Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently.
Machines and equipment used
Machines, Equipment, ToolsApproximate % of TimeDegree of Hand:Eye Coordination Required1. Photocopier95%Normal2. Computer100%High3. Telephone85%Normal4. Printer100%Normal5. Credit Card machine15-20%Normal