Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To troubleshoot and repair all process and plant equipment as necessary with as minimal of time as possible.
- To work with general lead mechanic and other maintenance mechanics to learn more about equipment throughout the plant and keep learning as new equipment comes in.
- Work on overhead conveyor systems as needed by maintenance supervisor.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment as specified in either pm work orders or manuals.
- Make sure all safeguards of equipment are installed as needed to conform to all regulations, company, state, and federal and that all regulations are adhered to. (Should always be looking for these items) but for fixing or repairing it is
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be at the workstation at the beginning of the shift.
- Must continuously follow all safety policies and procedures on the job.
- For safety and business purposes, must have communication skills including reading, writing and must be able to communicate to others as well as be able to receive communication from others.
- Must be able to work with hands to troubleshoot mechanically oriented situations, following instructions of a supervisor, and/or department lead mechanic.
- Must be able to communicate well with production supervisor and/or equipment operators.
- Have the ability to weld, fabricate, and design production equipment to increase production as well as reduce downtimes.
- Have the ability to use all types of hand tools as well as shop equipment and tools to do the job as outlined on above requirement #3.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision, when given proper instructions.
- Be familiar with company, federal, and state safety regulations.
- Able to work in very stressful situations at times.
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and every other Wednesday
- Night and weekend differential is included