WRBL TV a Nexstar TV Station in Columbus, Georgia is looking for a smart, dedicated and creative Full-time Morning & Noon Meteorologist for our First Alert Weather Team. The candidate will have a Degree in Meteorology and be an excellent on-camera communicator that has an intense passion for accurate weather forecasting and live storm tracking especially during severe weather coverage. The Candidate will need to have in-depth knowledge of the WSI Max Weather and Graphic Systems. Previous Live TV Anchoring and Reporting experience is essential. Responsibilities include preparing and presenting local weather forecasts on TV and Radio along with updating our website, social media, streaming video and reporting on weather and environmental stories in the community
The Meteorologist will forecast weather conditions plus write and produce content for multiple platforms then Anchor & Report the weather on all platforms in a manner that is engaging, meaningful and understanding to our viewers and listeners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create custom graphics for shows
• Must support coverage of Weather Aware Days
• Be Available 24/7 for weather coverage
• Update website and social media with news and weather coverage
• Must be able to work flexible hours to cover other employees when needed, including working during different parts of the day and night plus weekends and holidays
• Must have the ability to handle severe weather solo if necessary
• Must be a hard working self-starter that has a great attitude & works well with others.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to add or modify job duties as needed. This is not a complete list of job duties & responsibilities.
Work Experience and education required for position:
• Degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science
• A Certified Meteorologist is desired.
• An In-Depth knowledge of WSI Max Weather & Graphic Systems
• 2-3 years of Live TV Weather Anchoring & Reporting experience
• Strong Broadcast & AP style writing skills
• Fluent in Microsoft Office Software Products
• Work with the Newscast Producer to determine relevant weather content for the day
Special Skills Required:
• Passion for weather
• Great communicator
• Strong social media knowledge
• Must have a passion and willingness to engage the community outside of the station
• Must do Live Reporting from Community Service Activities & Station Events
• Must give station tours to community groups as needed
Work Environment Requirements:
The 24/7 News & Weather business can be a High Stress environment with a deadline pressures. Some travel may be required. This Position requires a 24/7 on call availability to come to work. This position requires you to fill in for other employees on other shifts during days, nights, weekends and holidays. Work may need to be done in extreme outdoor temperatures and extreme outdoor weather conditions. You must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs. You must be able to walk, sit, bend over, squat and stand for long periods of time.
Full-time Employee Benefits include
Vacation, Sick, Personal, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, 401k etc. after a respective waiting period
How to Apply:
Qualified Applicants should apply online using the job link below.
Your Resume should include references & a link to your Current Video Footage.
First time users must create an account then apply and attach their Resume
Before you are hired a Pre-employment Background Screening is required.
Candidate must also have a Valid Driver’s License with a Good Driving Record.