The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We help increase the preparedness of our communities by offering courses in First Aid, CPR/AED, Babysitter’s Training, Lifeguard Training, Certified Nurse Aid Training and other certification courses. American Red Cross Health and Safety instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to 12 million people each year in businesses, schools and communities.
We are currently seeking a Health & Safety Instructor to work out of our Fort Wayne, Indiana chapter location. This is a part-time position working a flexible variable schedule to include days, evenings and weekends. Candidate must be available to be scheduled for classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays during the day (at a minimum)
The Health and Safety Instructor’s primary responsibility is to instruct American Red Cross classes to community groups at the American Red Cross building and/or at community or corporate sites. This position is responsible for providing high quality, superior instruction, providing necessary reports and managing/cleaning equipment in their possession or under their delegated responsibility.
• Current certification to be an instructor in discipline desired to instruct. Credentialing as required by state law for course to be taught or administered.
• Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner.
• Customer service orientation
• Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Current Driver’s License. Access to transportation to instruction sites.
• Work in education or service industry is a plus, but not required.
• Basic computer/typing skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs. Ability to use online, web-based technology to submit payroll time-card, course related training documents and for regular communication.
• Access to phone, internet and email.
• Flexible schedule available - opportunities available during the day, evening or weekends
• Ability to travel regionally 50-75%.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. May be required to travel to sites throughout the Red Cross organization. May require the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. May include sitting for long periods of time and working under challenging conditions.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights