Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The American Red Cross is looking for a seasoned IT professional to join the IT team and lead the Enterprise Architecture team. This position would lead the program to develop, maintain and govern the enterprise architecture across the organization. Ensure that strategic investments across all business units align with the overall American Red Cross vision.
The individual in this role must be able to function effectively with a high degree of independence and minimal direct supervision. This position will report to the Vice President, Business Applications.
***APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA THE RED CROSS CAREER PORTAL. ***
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME AND/OR COVER LETTER TO A THIRD PARTY SEARCH FIRM, KORN FERRY:
Senior Recruiter | Information Technology Officers Practice
Futurestep, a Korn Ferry company
- Lead the creation or evolution of the enterprise architecture function/program.
- Understand, advocate and support the enterprise's IT strategies.
- Provide oversight for development of architectures for the projects in the Blood services business unit
- Lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive useful business context.
- Lead analysis of the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Lead analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture.
- Promote the EA process, outcomes and results to the organization, including the enterprise's IT and business leaders.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide EA decision making.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- Ensure that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities (such as handling waivers) are associated with EA compliance.
- Oversee EA implementation and ongoing refinement activities.
- Oversee the evaluation and selection of EA standards.
- Consult with project teams to fit projects to enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Consult with infrastructure development project teams to fit infrastructure to architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure needs.
- Identify organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the enterprise architecture.
- Oversee the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work.
- Lead the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the enterprise architecture.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years of directly related experience within a medium to large and complex organizations.
- Experience with delivering technology solutions for organizations which are regulated by the FDA is preferred (especially in the Blood Banking industry)
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to translate business needs into EA requirements.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of EA alternatives.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Highly empathetic and able to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of business and technical audiences, as well as temperaments and personalities
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology Certification, or equivalent substantive work experience. Advanced Degree Preferred.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights