California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The Expressive Arts Program Coordinator is a full-time position managing all of the daily operations of the Expressive Arts Therapy (EXA) Program. EXA is a fast-growing, dynamic MA program in Counseling Psychology with a concentration in Expressive Arts Therapy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage all administrative systems
- Develop and implement seamless work-flow processes that map onto the academic year
- In consultation with Core Faculty adapt systems for administration of two programmatic tracks: one primarily online with three residential sessions per year, and one 100% campus-based
- Facilitate smooth, proactive communication between all constituents of EXA program and CIIS administration
- Assist Program Chair with work on special projects
- Issue check payments and assist in oversight of the budget
- Supervise the management of the program's art supply and office equipment
Scheduling & Academic Administration
- Scheduling of classes: two semesters, up to six different cohorts of students within two different delivery formats - campus-based and hybrid
- Make updates and changes as needed to schedule of courses throughout the year
- Use student information system to maintain student information and class information
- Work with the Admissions Department on EXA program admissions policies and procedures
- Advise new and current students on program requirements and serve as communication liaison between the program and students.
- Update the EXA catalogue annually with new courses and program changes
- Update student handbooks and administrative forms annually for new incoming students
- Maintain all student files and records in a secure filing system
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the admissions process, including distributing applications for completion, maintaining application files, distributing applications for rating, maintaining communication with all applicants, and arranging for group interviews
- Supervise admissions process by scheduling experiential sessions, assigning new students to cohorts, and organizing logistics for community events
- Facilitate communication with incoming students by preparing and sending welcome letters and tracking deposits and class registrations
Faculty & Program Support and Supervision
- Assist core and adjunct faculty
- Supervision of student worker(s)
- Supervision and coordination of work with Residential Intensive Planner and Coordinator
- Supervision and coordination of work with Social Media and Marketing Manager
- Coordinating/participation in programmatic and special events including community and program events
- Generate publicity materials
- Assist with student events including the annual offsite Expressive Arts Therapy Symposium and Student Arts Presentation
- Attend and maintain meeting minutes of biweekly EXA Program Committee, and other meetings and events
- Assist in the hiring process of EXA faculty and staff
- Assist in production of annual digital monograph of graduating students' case studies
Communication & Outreach Support
- Manage and oversee the production of fliers for special events
- Oversee Art Studio use by creating a schedule of availability for student use, supporting student workers with ordering of supplies.
- Oversee EXA social media communications, including online community Google group, Facebook and listserv
- Administrative experience and a B.A. or M.A., or equivalent experience and education
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Highly organized and competent, with strong attention to detail
- Able to multitask, set priorities, work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Supervisory experience/skills
- Able to design and implement administrative systems
- Commitment to service
- Computer proficiency
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the arts
- Access to a vehicle
- Experience working in higher education
- Knowledge of MFT/LPCC processes
- Experience with course scheduling
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/pvkghckm9z9srnmc