Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Enterprise Data Services (EDS) Data Solutions Architect is a specialist in Integration and Business Intelligence solutions. This architect is an experienced, senior technical leader who works in close collaboration with business stakeholders and fellow technologists implement, maintain, and enhance warehouse, reporting, and operational data solutions built principally on Teradata, Informatica, PowerBI, and .Net.
The successful EDS Data Solutions Architect is a hands-on technologist possessing advanced sql, BI, and integration skills, combined with a confident and poised leader who has the verbal, written and visual skills to communicate complex issues in business terms. The Data Solutions Architect will work as part of the IT Enterprise Data Services team innovating and applying best practice techniques for developing, enhancing, and deploying database and integration solutions to support American Red Cross operations and analytics efforts. These solutions include our enterprise-wide constituent data integration (CDI) solution, which masters over 100 million constituents including blood donors, learners, financial supporters, volunteers, and clients, as well as critical line-of-service specific ecosystems.
The Enterprise Data Integration and Business Intelligence Architect must have experience in enterprise scale EDW solutions, real-time as well as batch integration architecture and operations. He or she will serve as the principal Enterprise Data Solutions Architect leading data integration and business intelligence solution design and delivery across one or more of ARC’s key lines of service.
- Develop and maintain a practical ecosystem and project roadmap for sustainable system-to-system data integration, enterprise data warehouse integration, MDM, and mastering, BI reporting and analytics for a specific line of service
- Serve as principal data analyst and metadata management leader for the designated line of service, shepherding and guiding profiling of los data, identification of quality issues, and assuring consistency in terminology and metadata management
- Define and maintain schematics describing the overall BI data architecture, including ETL processes, ODS, EDW, data marts and data lakes associated with the designated line of service
- Serves as overall directional leader for a large portfolio of projects and team members working the detailed project tasks including business analysts / data analysts.
- Guide projects to follow reference architectures, strategic technology stacks and standards and best practices. Develop plans to migrate non-standard solutions and manage exceptions.
- Recommend appropriate technologies to support the implementation of the BI roadmap including Microsoft PowerBI and SAP Business Objects.
- Ensure that logical and physical data models support the analytic needs of the business.
- Provide BI technical and architectural guidance to projects and teams, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective data reporting.
- Collaborate with data stewards in establishing and maintaining resilient, reusable standardized data patterns.
- Provide technical leadership regarding integration impact across business, information, application, technical and security architectures.
- Ensure reference architectures, technology stacks, standards and processes meet security and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with key business users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Ensure effective communication of user requirements.
- Develop guiding principles, reference architectures, technology landscapes, standards, best practices and roadmaps that support business priorities.
- Develop strategies for workflow, rules, integration management and governance.
- Participate in high-level project estimation, system design, modeling, and solution design reviews.
- Stay current on technologies, technology trends and directions, and best practices. Evaluate potential technologies for use within the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise architecture, application integration architecture, software development, or engineering.
- 2+ years hands on experience in the design and construction of data warehouses solutions including designing for analytics performance
- 2+ years hands on experience developing integrations, specifically using Informatica, SSIS, or other enterprise-class commercial tool
- Demonstrated capability to create written architecture artifacts, including both schematics and narrative
- Advanced SQL skills for profiling and studying data
- Demonstrated excellence in concise and clear verbal and written communication at all organizational levels.
- Experience partnering with end users to gather requirements and build technical solutions from concept to implementation.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and delegate responsibilities.
- Understanding of SaaS and off-premise integration architectures.
- Experience with enterprise workflow, rules and orchestration technologies.
- Experience maturing SDLC principles, processes and practices.
- Ability to cultivate a shared vision, articulate clear business objectives and strategy, and align the organization to achieve them.
- Experience with Informatica, Teradata, SAP Business Objects and Microsoft PowerBI, preferred
- Ability to resolve conflicts and foster collaboration.
- Ability to understand and synthesize complex technical details into coherent technical strategy and solution.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, well-qualified women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights