We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Welcoming Schools Coordinator is primarily responsible for meeting the administrative needs and assigned programmatic duties for the Welcoming Schools program. The Welcoming Schools Project Coordinator reports to the Welcoming Schools Director and works closely with the Welcoming Schools Deputy Director. This position provides direct assistance with several digital platforms and resources to Welcoming Schools Expert Trainers, facilitators and elementary schools across the country.
- Respond to requests for information, materials and assistance from Welcoming Schools staff, consultants, participating schools and partner organizations.
- Respond to Welcoming Schools website requests for information, materials and assistance.
- Maintain multiple, up-to-date databases of records for trainings, activities, and accomplishments of the Welcoming Schools program.
- Prepare regular data reports for staff, directors, and board members as requested.
- Develop and manage monthly, electronic Welcoming Schools newsletters.
- Manage assembly of program publications and materials; ensure requests from staff and external stakeholders are handled efficiently and appropriately.
- Coordinate and support on- and off-site meetings and events involving Welcoming Schools staff and project collaborators.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, taking/sending minutes, and other duties as assigned.
- Create contracts and work with districts to complete necessary forms for Welcoming Schools to conduct District-wide Facilitator Trainings.
- Create contracts and invoices for individual schools through the Welcoming Schools fee-for-service model.
- Manage and coordinate payment of stipends to facilitators for the Welcoming Schools fee-for-service model.
- Provide detailed, monthly facilitator training reports, including bi-weekly reports listing trainings without proper paperwork submission.
- Complete monthly corporate card reports and per diem submissions for Director and Deputy Director.
- Manage consultant contracts and invoices.
- Monitor news in K-12 school districts related to the Welcoming Schools program and work with HRC’s social media team to elevate Welcoming Schools work.
- Complete monthly budget review and co-manage Welcoming Schools budget.
- Manage Welcoming Schools inventory, including ordering and replenishing current inventory, managing sales and ongoing shipping requests from staff, consultants, and Welcoming Schools partners and facilitators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) with one to three years relevant work experience in a professional environment.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and the demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritize competing tasks.
- Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
- Outstanding organizational, task management and time management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines
- Experience in budget management.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive). Experience with Survey Gizmo and HTML.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with writing website and blog content and the capacity to produce timely and informative newsletters as well as experience with social media accounts.
- Strong understanding of LGBTQ issues as well as demonstrated knowledge of and interest in K-12 education.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.