Diagnoses and repairs various coach systems with major, complicated/complex problems under general supervision. $1000.00 signing bonus!!
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, maintains and installs component parts of transit vehicles
- Inspects and diagnoses problems on all assigned transit vehicles and equipment
- Services and/or repairs all assigned transit vehicles and related light and heavy mechanical equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance procedure inspections to transit vehicles as required by Federal, state, and local guidelines; performs preventative maintenance as needed
- Performs upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems and equipment
- Performs road calls and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area
Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED
- Must be age 21 or older
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Commercial Driving License with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications preferred
- 1 to 3 years of progressive experience in the repair and maintenance of all types of heavy duty transit equipment
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to rail cars
- Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics, and other mechanical diagrams
- Ability to read and write routine reports, forms, and other documentation or correspondence
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details
- Ability to coach others and monitor their work for accuracy and completeness
Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional on-the-road repairs
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.