Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
- Responsible for the daily operations of Manufacturing. Hire and supervise staff. Participate in education and training activities. Ensure compliance with federal, state, ARCBS directives and regional policy and procedures and regulations. Ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Comply with the Clinical Laboratory I Improvement Amendments (CLIA). Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures,
1. Responsible for the supervision of staff including, but not limited to, hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and disciplining to ensure a well-qualified team and to enhance operational success and compliance.
2. Responsible for staff training and certification of competency.
3. Prepare work schedules and ensure appropriate coverage for assigned shift.
4. Assist in the review and update of manufacturing procedures to comply with changes
in regulations, ARCBS directives, local and regional policies and procedures and technical advancements.
5. Supervise all work processes and ensure work is performed accurately and efficiently.
6. Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, AABB standards, ARCBS
directives and regional policies and procedures.
7. Perform supervisory review of documents.
8. Supervise good inventory management practices.
9. Lead suspect product/sample management process.
10. Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately.
Responsible for assisting management in maintaining and monitoring area departmental operating budgets. Operate under general guidelines from management. Plan own work and set priorities for assigned area. Actions and decisions based on some degree of established precedent, discretion and judgment. Supervisory responsibility for multiple staff levels, including professional, line, and administrative staff.
Bachelor's degree in science, or equivalent combination of related education and experience required. Three years experience including one year supervisory experience required. MT (ASCP) certifications or equivalent certifications where required. Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred. Must have effective communication and customer service skills. Knowledge of blood products, supplies, and the ability to interact with diverse customers (internal and external) is required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends. Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. May work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing such as lab coats, gloves, face shields, etc. when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires. Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment. Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods of time.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights