Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Regional Executive (CEO) is responsible for representing the American Red Cross in the community by focusing externally on core mission delivery, fundraising and being the face of the Red Cross for the media, donors and their communities. The CEO oversees Red Cross service delivery, fundraising, and external relations within an assigned region or geographic area. The CEO is also responsible for ensuring that volunteers, youth, and young adults are engaged and retained into the service delivery plans. You will also be accountable for achieving performance targets for the Region, including service delivery, fundraising/revenue, and expense targets. The CEO utilizes the support activities of HR, IT, Finance, Communications, and Marketing through a matrix project management system to ensure that all operating units have the necessary resources to execute their community mission.
This position will sit in the Houston office.
- FUNDRAISING 30%: Along with the Division Fundraising Vice President, the Regional Executive is responsible across the Houston region for achievement of fundraising goals as the chapters’ and/or region’s chief fundraiser.
- EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS & PARTNERSHIPS 25%: Build strong relationships with key organizations and community leaders.
- VISIBILITY & COMMUNITY RELEVANCE 20%: Increase community awareness, participation, and commitment to the Red Cross by being an active community participant and ensuring regular local media communications.
- DUAL REGIONAL PERFORMANCE & ASSIGNED CHAPTER AND/OR REGION PERFORMANCE - TARGETS AND GOALS 15% (ALONG W/ WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT):
- Delivery of overall targets/goals of [Region] and for strategic and operational management/oversight of reporting chapter(s).
- Ensure sound financial management and public accountability for contributions, income, and all Red Cross assets and approve any chapter annual revenue and expense budgets.
- Responsible for hiring, managing, and evaluating any Executive Director (ED) within the region in collaboration with community boards.
- Build strong collaboration and consensus environment between all units in the region, including any chapters and provide direction and strategy for improved performance.
- SERVICE DELIVERY 10%: Manage and grow the community resilience programs and work with community partners to ensure that the communities build local capacity to prepare for, prevent, respond, and recover from disasters.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 7-years related experience in business, sales, or corporate administration with an established track record of raising significant financial resources.
- Minimum 5-years experience directing a workforce and program management responsibilities
- Demonstrate an ability to develop effective work teams and build consensus within the organization and community.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, as well as public speaking and writing skills.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights