Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
This position will provide finance support for the American Red Cross response to Hurricane Maria. Position will work in Puerto Rico directly alongside the Disaster Cycle Services workforce on the island. Position will travel on the island frequently from a home base of San Juan. This will be a dynamic and fast paced work environment. The position will provide in person finance guidance to the Red Cross workforce on the ground in Puerto Rico and report by email and phone to the Disaster Finance team at national headquarters.
- Perform budget vs actual analysis and present financial management reports to key stakeholders.
- Monitor and advise on processes and controls including but not limited to inventory and warehouse management.
- Travel on island multiple days of week to be in person at Red Cross sites.
- Proactively provide financial guidance to management and workforce and incorporate feedback from them.
- Perform analysis of financial transactions at a detailed level, assist with financial transactions and transaction tools.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- A minimum of five years public accounting or finance industry experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to resolve various issues that may arise.
- Must display good judgment, decisiveness and the ability to take independent action.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and management as well as with internal and/or external auditors.
- Must have good computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheets.
- Experience and ability to work within accounting systems.
- Must be flexible in a fluid work environment which adapts frequently to match the recovery status of the island.
- Must have strong local knowledge of Puerto Rico and fluency in Spanish and English.
- Must be able to travel around the island multiple days per week.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights