Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
We are seeking a detail-oriented and highly-focused individual for our Blood Processing Technician Position in our Components Manufacturing Department. As a Blood Processing Technician, you will work in this fast-paced environment; daily responsibilities include the manufacturing processes from receipt of unprocessed blood through shipment of finished goods to area hospitals while performing these tasks in a highly regulated environment. Successful individuals will have a high level of customer service focus, as well the ability to provide compassionate care to both internal and external customers at all times.
Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video:
The Men and Women Behind Our Mission
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples. Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records.
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Perform the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing and shipping process.
- May perform customer service or inventory management as requested.
- May perform management of sample tubes.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples.
- Perform complex manufacturing tasks.
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- May make hospital deliveries.
- Assume lead responsibilities when designated by a supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
- High School diploma, plus two years’ experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; or demonstrated successful performance as a Manufacturing Technician I.
- College studies or technical training in science or medical technology or the equivalent is preferred.
- Manufacturing technicians working in Distribution or Plasma Sample Management positions may require a valid driver’s license.
Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends. Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. May work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing such as lab coats, gloves, face shields, etc. when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires. Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment. Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods of time.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights