As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation’s blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. We turn compassion into action through the care we provide our blood donors, and the spirit of service we share with our colleagues.
Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3XJCA8RQ0
If you share our passion for helping people, then join us in this excellent career opportunity. We are seeking a customer-focused, compassionate individual to contact blood donors and schedule appointments. Blood Donor Schedulers in this fast-paced role will follow scripting and have excellent attention to detail. As a Blood Donor Scheduler, you can play a direct role in our life-saving mission, ensuring that others continue to receive the gift of life!
Full-Time Schedules Vary
Department conducts outbound calling 7 days/week. Regular weekend availability & weekday afternoon/evening availability required. Examples of full-time schedules below. Please confirm specific full/part time schedule details during in-person interview:
#1 Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm + Saturday 9am-1pm (off Friday & Sunday)
#2 Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm + Sunday 9am-1pm (off Friday & Saturday)
#3 Tuesday-Friday 11:30am-8pm + Saturday 9am-5:30pm (off Sunday & Monday)
#4 Monday-Friday 11:30am-8pm + Sunday 9am-5:30pm (off Friday & Saturday)
Note – New hires must be able to attend all training, including a 1-2 day 1st shift paid orientation training sessions.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Minimum one year of telephone and customer service or telemarketing experience required.
· Computer experience, excellent customer service and problem-solving skills required.
· Effective verbal communication skills, the ability to work with potentially difficult customers, and comfort working in a fast-paced environment required
· Schedule prospective blood donors from a variety of sources by phoning individuals to make donation appointments.
· Contact active or former blood donors to increase both the frequency of their donations and the number of donors at chapter offices or blood drives, to meet our collection goals
· Coordinate reminder calls, follow-ups, log-in of data and maintenance of records.
· Follow a process and appropriate scripting for conducting a call with a donor, to ensure a consistent donor experience
· Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Donor Scheduler describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
** This is a sourcing requisition that is used to identify potential candidates for several similar positions currently vacant. If you are contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition Team, you may be directed to apply to a specific, active job opportunity. The candidate profile you build for this requisition can be used to apply for other American Red Cross opportunities.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights