Come bring your ASCP Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) license and passion for blood banking to support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross Blood Services. We are looking for a full time Medical Technologist in Blood Banking to work in our reference lab performing specialized testing to serve our local hospital clients.
As a Medical Technologist, staff can expect to perform (in accordance with standard operating procedures and applicable regulatory requirements) basic and advanced donor and patient tests, and interpret results to determine donor-recipient compatibility. Primary job responsibilities may include:
* Resolving compatibility problems
* Providing complex reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion services
* Performing automated and manual test procedures on blood samples
Other Medical Technologist duties may include:
* Managing receipt, coordination, shipment and transport of patient and donor blood samples and documenting supply and equipment problems
* Managing reagent inventory (ordering, receiving, inspection and preparation)
* Recognizing/resolving testing irregularities and assisting other Medical Technologists in problem resolution.
* Consulting with staff at other medical facilities, to resolve complex serologic problems and providing special units to transfusion recipients
* Performing maintenance, repair and validation of laboratory equipment and software
* Maintaining accurate records
* Performing manufacturing duties associated with special blood products, if applicable.
* Assuming lead responsibilities such as record review and training; assisting in concern management.
MT(ASCP) or BB(ASCP) /equivalent , bachelors degree with major in biological science or chemistry plus 3 years blood banking experience, or MLT (ASCP) certification plus 5 years laboratory experience required. MT (ASCP) and/or BB (ASCP) or equivalent desired. State license may be required where applicable.
The American Red Cross offers a full-time benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with employer match, generous vacation accrual, and paid holidays.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights