Responsible for leading the development and new business acquisition efforts of the New Market Development regional sales initiative in a defined geographic region. Identifies potential prospects and utilizes prospecting, fundraising and business industry knowledge, as well as relationship building skills to recruit and acquire local companies, influencers, groups and organizations to support St. Jude through our existing platform of programs, activities and events on a multi-regional and regional level. Channels efforts through Field Operations, Strategic Partnerships, Multicultural and Gift Planning staff to coordinate prospecting initiatives.
- Uses knowledge of retail marketing, cause-related marketing, sponsorships, fundraising skills, and knowledge of the ALSAC and St. Jude mission, to serve as the primary development lead for market-specific regional and multi-regional companies.
- Assists with building local portfolio/pipeline through the recruitment of local/mid-size sponsors, influencers, groups and organizations to grow and diversify our revenue streams through our existing platform of programs, activities and events.
- Meet or exceed annual fundraising goals as outlined in FY Performance Plan while managing to budgeted expenses.
- Develops and prepares annual market-specific growth and business development plans, inclusive of goals and weekly reporting, for acquisition of corporate prospects for our existing platform of programs, activities and events, including, but not limited to sponsorship, employee engagement, pin-ups, etc.
- Establishes prospect pipeline and reporting metrics and communicates status of plan.
- Accomplishes interactions through telephone conversations, written correspondence and personal visits.
- Craft sales presentations that creatively and distinctly differentiate and communicate unique assets to targeted prospects, understanding the philanthropic/charitable focus of the prospect, and determining how a partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital can help them achieve their goals.
- Actively manages and grows a dedicated sales territory/region portfolio of new business.
- Creates and develops strategies and plans for effectively managing accounts. Assists in the future expansion of this function to other markets.
- Responsible for the development and presentation of appropriate information and proposals inclusive of all divisions of Development.
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree and 7-9 years fundraising or sales experience.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Requires extensive travel by automobile and involves occasional periods of long work hours including nights and weekends.
General-Other: Business-Strategic Management, General-Other: Sales-Business Development, Field Sales, Business Development-New Accounts, Account Management (Commissioned), Account Management (Non-Commissioned)