We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Human Rights Campaign is the nation’s largest civil rights organization fighting for LGBTQ equality. The Video Assistant reports to the Associate Director of Video and is responsible for assisting with the creation of HRC’s events videos and providing support to the Video team.
- Research and edit clips of speakers, news, and other video content for use in HRC branded videos;
- Help storyboard and edit HRC’s video projects;
- Develop and catalogue assets to library including organizing B-Roll, pulling clips from news monitoring services, creating video view reports, and other data collection as needed;
- Handle check requests, make travel arrangements and reconcile credit card reports for Video team;
- Assist with live video production at HRC events, including moving equipment, running teleprompter, keeping the studio organized, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) with at least one year of experience in video production preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Premiere CC, Adobe PhotoShop, After Effects, Illustrator.
- Knowledge of and experience with Apple software (Macs).
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) will occasionally be necessary.
- Knowledge of current events preferred.
- Commitment to LGBTQ equality is required.
*Please include a link to your portfolio in the cover letter or resume or upload separate documents.*
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers