As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation’s blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. We turn compassion into action through the care we provide our blood donors, and the spirit of service we share with our colleagues. Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3XJCA8RQ0
THIS IS A FLEX SHIFT POSITION (Mainly second shift, but some overnight shifts). Weekend, holiday and on call rotations required.
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate
about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across
the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to
become a Quality Control Technologist for the American Red Cross!
Blood Processing Technologists perform basic through advanced manufacturing,
processing and test procedures on blood products. Blood Processing Technologists
also interpret test results before releasing blood to area hospitals. All tasks are
performed in highly regulated environment. Successful Blood Processing Technologists
will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat
both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
Quality Control Technologist - Responsibilities
• Perform and interpret various testing procedures on blood products for patients’ use at
• Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate
inventory of required supplies
• Maintain, edit and review computer and manual records to assure accurate record
• Perform the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products. Ensure products are
suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately
• Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you process meets
regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused.
• Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes weekends & holidays to meet
the needs of our hospitals
• Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re
• Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our
donors coming back again and again
• Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and
external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Processing Technologist position
describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
• Associates degree in science, Medical Laboratory Technician (certified through
American Society of Clinical Pathology); or Associate’s degree in science plus three
years’ experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Physical requirements may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for
extended time periods. The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50
pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
Must meet State and CLIA requirements.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights