Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to work in the General Accounting/Payroll Division of American Red Cross Shared Services Center located in Charlotte, NC. This position will report directly to the payroll manager and will be responsible for day to day payroll related activities.
- Ensure payroll reports are saved timely to a shared location.
- Distribute payroll related mail within the department.
- Receive, record and fax garnishment orders daily to third party payroll provider.
- Assist third party payroll provider with inquiries related to garnishments and overpayments – including research related to resolving issues.
- Receive and deposit checks related to garnishment refunds and overpayments as per company policy. Create a ticket within the third party provider’s case management system (Service Connect) to ensure tracking and resolution.
- Reconcile submission of garnishments and overpayments to third party agency weekly to ensure they have been properly received and processed.
- Process tickets within internal case management system (Soffront) that relate to garnishments, overpayments or other payroll related inquiries.
- Assist with payroll related audits and inquiries
- Assist with preparation and distribution of payroll related communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of accounting, finance or business along with 3 years of work experience.
- Candidates for this position must have thorough knowledge of general accounting, month end close activities and financial reporting.
- Candidates must have experience using Microsoft applications; Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Workday payroll and an Oracle accounting system is a plus.
- Candidate must be detail oriented; possess good analytical skills and must be able to interact and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights