Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
We are seeking a Blood Processing Technician to work in our fast-paced environment. Blood Processing Technicians perform manufacturing processes in a highly regulated environment—from receipt of unprocessed blood, through shipment of finished goods to area hospitals. Successful Blood Processing Technicians will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video:
The Men and Women Behind Our Mission
If you share our passion for helping people, then join us for this excellent career opportunity.
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples. Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records.
Perform the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
- Ensure products are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately.
Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing and shipping process.
- May perform customer service or inventory management as requested.
- May perform management of sample tubes.
- May make customer deliveries.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to stand, stretch, stoop and bend for extended time periods. Ability to lift, pull, push and move objects up to 50 pounds. The job may require work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
- Blood Processing Technicians working in distribution or plasma sample management positions may require a valid driver’s license
- Previous experience in a regulatory, laboratory or manufacturing setting is preferred, but not required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights