Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Phlebotomist Job Summary
Bilingual and/or American Sign Language proficient preferred.
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Phlebotomist for the American Red Cross!
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a Phlebotomist Driver with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches throughout the city and the surrounding areas. No experience necessary—our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
To learn more about this role, watch this short video: A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cldo1m5z-Ds)
Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities
- Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors.
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back repeatedly
- Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Phlebotomist Job Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required
- Ability to load and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodation
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required
- A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Basic computer skills are desirable
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, squatting, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, and the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a mobile blood drive. This involves pushing carts up to 250 lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors.
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights