We are currently seeking a Nurse Aid Training (NAT) Instructor. This is a part position based in our San Jose, CA weekends. Position will be primarily responsible for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) classes.
15 hours per week on average
Position will be primarily responsible for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) classes
RN or LVN with 2 years total nursing experience, including 1 year experience providing direct patient care in a long term care facility within the last 5 years) preferred
Provides instruction and certification in the Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) program; primary responsibility includes planning, teaching and evaluating course participants in the classroom and clinical skills performance, leading to successful completion of the program. The instructor will provide a quality program that meets state regulations and compliance standards as well as meet the expectations for the course participants.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, coordinates, manages and directs the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting training experience for students
• Evaluates interpersonal skills, technical skills, and knowledge base of students in classroom, skill lab and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure student performance
• Maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations and American Red Cross policy
• Responsible for efficient and effective use of all supplies and materials maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction and documenting replacement needs
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with clinical sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe learning environment for students
• Completes and submits course records and reports in a timely manner, meeting required deadlines.
• Meets 100% compliance for record keeping and program delivery requirements
• Engages in regular effective communications with students, staff, and other stakeholders regarding programmatic changes and quality management issues.
• Supports program completion activities such as graduation, recognition ceremonies and student development activities as requested
• Remains current on state regulations and training standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to successfully complete appropriate instructor training as required by American Red Cross and the state. Experience with adult education preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Unrestricted, current RN or LVN license for the State of CA required
• Adult education experience preferred
• Must meet state minimum nursing and teaching experience requirements for instructors
RN or LVN with 2 years total nursing experience, including 1 year experience providing direct patient care in a long term care
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights