Overview: Responsible for changing over configurations on the arena floor and concourse for specified events and maintaining normal operations of the Verizon Center
- Complete changeover of the arena facilities for all events that assures the safety of both participants and patrons; including, laying of basketball floor, placement of dashers of hockey rink, building of stages, etc. Heavy lifting is required.
- Arrange arena facilities for exhibitions, conventions, sports events and other entertainment.
- Arrange conference rooms for meetings, classes, and other functions.
- Make and paint ice for NHL Hockey; including logos.
- Load and unload supplies and materials.
- Set up chairs, risers, tables, and show equipment.
- Operate motorized equipment (i.e. forklift, scrubber, skid loader, Cushman cart, and trash compactor) on an as needed basis.
- Place and remove hockey dasher advertisements.
- Handle tools and equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Adhere to all safety standards at all times.
- Adhere to work schedule of event call.
- Work evenings, weekends, holidays and shift-work as needed.
- Related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of semi-skilled labor or related experience.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Monumental Sports & Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Monumental Sports & Entertainment is “at-will” and can be terminated by either the employee or Monumental Sports & Entertainment at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all.
Heavy Equipment Operation, Equipment Operations, Equipment-Forklift-Crane Operation, Facilities Management-Maintenance