Monster Tree Service is committed to two things: healthy trees and satisfied customers. What sets us apart is more than our experience, our equipment, or our locations across the country. All of these things are driven by our philosophy. Our team of tree care professionals are not just dedicated to doing our job—we’re committed to providing a service that benefits both our customers and the environment.
Recent growth has created an outstanding career opportunity for a Plant Health Care Technician in our North Dallas location. This position will entail monitoring, evaluating, and providing for the plant health care needs of trees and shrubs on our client’s properties.
· Care and treatment of trees and shrubs for insects, diseases, and other health conditions.
· Effectively operate and maintain spray and other equipment to apply low-toxicity fertilizers and/or pesticides.
· Develop diagnostic skills to identify disease and pest infestations common to the area.
· Work as a member of the tree crew preforming ground and utility functions
· Maintain positive customer relations
· Bachelor’s Degree in Plant Sciences, Horticulture, Forestry or related green industry field helpful
· Valid Pesticide License or the ability to obtain one.
· Able and willing to work independently in a moderately physical job (will require lifting of up to 50 lbs, working outdoors and a good deal of walking throughout the day).
· Safe, defensive driver with clean driving record, follow all safety and legal requirements while driving truck and performing treatments.
· Able and willing to learn to identify 50-100 most common trees and shrubs, and the insects and diseases that are common.
· Utilize tablet and smartphone with GPS, google maps, and radar/weather info to make good decisions about which treatments to perform on which properties in what order.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with clients.
· Enjoys working outdoors, fresh air, nature, and physical activity.
· Able to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions) accurately to figure out mix ratios for applications.