As a Counter Sales Associate, you will primarily be focused on answering the phone, answering parts and equipment questions for walk-in and phone-in customers, entering orders into the computer system, assisting with daily inventory, receiving, stocking shelves and shipping. This position has the opportunity to transition to a full-time outside sales representative.
Job Responsibilities of Counter Sales Associate
- Demonstrate a high level of energetic responsiveness to every customer, on the phone or in the store.
- Listen closely to each customer's needs, document and determine the best possible response and solution.
- Process customer orders and recommend additional related items to purchase.
- Communicate accurately with customer service manager and technicians to establish time commitments that meet our standards and exceed customer requirements
- Use company documents to communicate clearly with customers and co-workers in ensuring exceptional customer care
- Step up to duties as assigned.
- Gain superior product knowledge and understanding of vehicle components to effectively help customers
- Assist in maintaining perpetual inventories.
- Help maintain cleanliness and professional appearance of the service counter, work area and stockroom
- Maintain records of time, expenses and materials
- Helping other team members when working with customers
- Operating a cash register and navigating computer and paper catalog systems.
- Work towards continuous improvement with our in-store processes and procedures.
Position hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
A full-time employee has the following benefits.
Medical and dental insurance available at a reduced rate.
Paid vacations and holidays.
The right candidate must have a solid verifiable work history, a High School Diploma or GED and at least 1-2 years inside sales or technical experience in our industry or a related industry. A related industry would be auto parts, electrical parts, appliance parts, paint, hardware or other industrial parts based stores. You will be in direct contact with our customers and therefore neatness in personal appearance, a pleasant personality and excellent telephone skills are required. Also required is the ability to solve customer problems, establish and maintain good relationships with customers and providing courteous, efficient and professional service.
- A bilingual (Spanish – spoken and written) candidate is highly preferred.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes of up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to move heavier equipment with moving aids.
- Must be able to repeatedly bend and stoop to ground.
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time.
- Must possess a clean driver’s license history.
- Must be 18 years old and pass a pre-employment drug screening test. A background check will be done on previous employment, motor vehicle and criminal records.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and telephone skills.
- Computer literate – Must know Microsoft Office.
- Non-tobacco user
Technical Customer Service, Retail-Counter Sales and Cashier, General-Other: Customer Support-Client Care, Wholesale-Reselling Sales, Technical Presales Support & Technical Sales