We are looking for a mission-driven Account Representative to be out at community blood drives in the greater metro area. This position will be interacting with our blood drive sponsors, as well as the volunteer blood donors, to ensure blood drive success and blood collection goals. This position will be an overlay position, supporting multiple territories within the district.
1. Identify, develop and implement creative strategies to attract, manage and retain potential blood drive Sponsors and feeder groups for existing blood drives to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual collection goals.
2. Identify and apply appropriate methods to ensure efficient scheduling of blood drives by assigned Sponsors to meet blood collection goals.
3. Provide sufficient organizational and operational support to sponsor contact to ensure achievement of collection operation and annual goals.
4. Schedule and implement education programs for Sponsor contact, recruitment committees, line volunteers and volunteer telerecruiters within assigned groups to assist in meeting collection objectives and to comply with all ARCBS directives, Code of Federal Regulations, local operating procedures and other related regulatory requirements.
5. Develop a working knowledge of the community, its government, demographics and organizations. Apply that knowledge to all aspects of servicing Sponsor groups and the expansion of the blood program.
6. Coordinate activities with appropriate collections personnel to ensure a positive Sponsor and donor experience and smooth, efficient operations.
7. Maintain accurate records in Hemasphere to provide tracking and statistical data on Sponsor group performance.
8. Appropriately utilize tools, technology and strategy provided by the organization to enhance customer service, efficiency and productivity.
9. Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Scope: Entry level position to the department, with one year close oversight and supervision. Actions and decisions are based on precedent, organizational need and good judgment.
Responsible for recruitment of annual allogeneic blood collections specialized donor segments to meet organizational need. Lead and evaluate the work of drive operational volunteers within assigned groups/chapters.
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, communications or related field; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
Experience: Minimum one year related experience required.
Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of group dynamics, direct sales, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred. Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively are required. Good oral and written communications skills, including training and presentation skills is required. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: The duties above indicate the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. May be required to travel to sites throughout the Red Cross organization.
May require the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. May include sitting for long periods of time and working under challenging conditions.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights