As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation’s blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. We turn compassion into action through the care we provide our blood donors, and the spirit of service we share with our colleagues. Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3XJCA8RQ0
1. Establish strategic direction for Volunteer engagement efforts to ensure the efficient and effective collection, processing and distribution of blood and blood products to meet annual collection goals and operational needs. Research new and effective ways to utilize volunteers to support regional/divisional initiatives.
2. Establish high performing district models to include leadership volunteers and paid staff, if appropriate, to be accountable for volunteer recruitment, staffing and retention to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
3. Ensure all National standards surrounding volunteer engagement for the region are met; ensure high performance and goal achievement are set, monitored and realized for each district. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned metrics to National Director, Volunteer Management.
4. Establish ongoing relationship with associated chapter structure volunteer management teams to ensure communication and a consistent experience for volunteers across all lines of service.
5. Responsible for the management of Volunteer and paid staff including, but not limited to, hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and disciplining to ensure a well-qualified team and to enhance operational success.
6. Identify, develop and implement creative strategies and recruitment methods to attract and retain a sufficient pool of regulated and non-regulated volunteer staff to maintain efficient operations. 7. Establish a regional culture in which volunteers and paid staff work interdependently to achieve the mission of the American Red Cross.
8. Develop and implement and/or expand effective recognition programs for Volunteers and Chapters and paid staff within the Division. Develop and implement strategies for strengthening the Red Cross brand.
9. Serve as creative and operational resources to BioMed & Chapter paid staff and Volunteers in order to maximize involvement, efficiency and institutionalization of volunteer support.
Bachelor's degree in business management, communications, sales or equivalent combination of related education and experience required. Minimum five years related experience including three years management experience required. Ability to effectively implement programs and excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities effectively, assimilate information quickly, analyze problems and implement solutions appropriately is required. Must have the ability to work independently while developing a functioning team as well as have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of staff, volunteers and donors. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, including training, presentation and negotiating skills.
to include hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline to ensure a well-qualified team and enhance operational success.
** This is a sourcing requisition that is used to identify potential candidates for several similar positions currently vacant. If you are contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition Team, you may be directed to apply to a specific, active job opportunity. The candidate profile you build for this requisition can be used to apply for other American Red Cross opportunities.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights