Performs activities within an area of specialty. As a team member, executes assigned projects and tasks, under the guidance of more senior staff.
1. Provides entry-level professional services, under supervision of more senior staff as appropriate.
2. Participates in projects designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
3. Participates in the planning and implementation of projects within area of expertise.
4. Responsible or assignment planning and problem resolution.
5. Receives guidance, training and mentoring from staff in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
6. May conduct original research and prepares reports based on findings, to include recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
7. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 40 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Education: Is actively pursuing a college level or Associates degree. Prefer degree program related to assignment. Prefer candidate in at least sophomore year if AA degree and at least junior year if BS degree.
Experience: Some office related experience with computer skills in Microsoft Office and other database applications may be required.
Management Experience: None
Skills and Abilities: Professional demeanor, computer database/Microsoft Office skills with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Organizational skills.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights