As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
We are currently seeking a part-time Emergency Communications Center (ECC) Representative to work in our New York, NY location. Position is at least 24 hours per week, variable shifts depending on need--evenings, weekends, or overnight.
The ECC Representative coordinates and serves as a resource for daily operations of a Chapter program or service. Acts as a liaison between program or service and its internal and external partners.
Specific Responsibilities: Field calls regarding disaster incidents and relay information to dispatch disaster response teams. No work in the field.
1. Implements and coordinates the day-to-day functions that support program or service operations. Coordinates recruitment, training, support, recognition and deployment of volunteers and staff enrolled in Disaster Services Human Resources (DSHR) system. Collaborates with local governmental and community organizations to ensure effective preparedness, readiness and response outcomes during disaster lifecycle. Coordinates basic, intermediate and advanced disaster and related department courses/workshops. Teaches as applicable.
2. Participates on small scale projects which require researching issues, information, data collection, and development of recommendations. Collaborates and supports staff and volunteers in coordinating department’s efforts and participation in internal and external drills/exercises.
3. Develops workable program or service implementation plans.
4. Maintains records, reports and statistical data in accordance to National and Chapter standards. Ensures completeness and accuracy of DSHR database information.
5. Collects preliminary client information and refers client to appropriate Red Cross and community services.
6. Independently resolves minor problems and issues which may impact program or service delivery or outcomes.
7. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expect that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
8. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Education: High School or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2-4 years of administrative experience. Ability to manage multiple priorities and have strong skills in planning and problem-solving. Ability to perform tasks with minimal direction and supervision.
Skills and Abilities: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates attention to detail. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Maintains confidentiality; works ethically and works with integrity.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Must be able to perform all assigned responsibilities under “grey sky” requirements. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all American Red Cross finance policies and procedures are followed as related to the scope of work activity.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights