Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation’s blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. Our focus is to provide compassionate patient and family-centered care both internally and externally with every person we encounter. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
To learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have every day, watch this short video: The Men and Women Behind Our Mission (https://youtu.be/xhmr-3s1Eqw)
Are you seeking an opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Phlebotomist for the American Red Cross!
In this role you will primarily work at one of our fixed site locations performing apheresis phlebotomy. You may also help with some whole blood collection as well. Our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
To learn more about this role, watch this short video: A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cldo1m5z-Ds)
Phlebotomist – Responsibilities
- Comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines.
- May perform any or all blood collection procedures (may include allogeneic, autologous, directed, therapeutic; automated red cell and platelet pheresis) donor collections.
- May perform all types of donor health history screening and eligibility procedures.
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation.
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our donors
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there. Contribute to a friendly and fun environment.
- Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again.
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Why the American Red Cross?
We offer employee growth and development, an incomparable team spirit and a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of health and 401K.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required
- RN/LPN or equivalent experience is required, with current state licensure as required. Equivalent experience equates to at least one year of satisfactory performance in phlebotomy or related field.
- A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
- Basic computer skills are desirable
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights