We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Associate Video Producer, Politics reports to the Director of Video and is responsible for the production of cutting-edge videos for the Human Rights Campaign. This Associate Video Producer, Politics will help manage the production of political coverage, including rapid response videos, political ads, political rallies, field actions, viral videos, and studio-based productions.
- Develop HRC’s rapid response videos with an eye toward digital engagement. When news breaks that affects the LGBTQ community, this position will work on a video response as fast as possible;
- Develop creative political ads that help highlight anti-LGBTQ policies and policymakers at the local, state and federal level;
- Concept, script, research, edit and produce video projects in support of HRC’s mission from conception to delivery, including shooting, editing, graphics, sound, and other post-production adjustments;
- Aid and manage livestream productions, including shooting, directing, technical directing and stream management;
- Develop innovative and creative opportunities to build audience, drive video traffic and increase views;
- Look for ways to create viral hits that will help change hearts and minds;
- Assist with the management of HRC’s online video channels;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required with at least two years in a video production position. Strong portfolio of video projects from concept to completion.
- Experience producing quick-hit digital videos with an eye to viral videos in the style of NowThis News, AJ+, or NewNowNext.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive), and social media.
- Knowledge of and experience with non-linear video editing systems.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires frequent evening and weekend work to respond to breaking news.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ rights required.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe PhotoShop, After Effects, Illustrator and Apple software and products.
- Basic shooting and lighting abilities, with a desire to grow in these skills.
*Please include a link to your portfolio in the cover letter or resume or upload separate documents.*
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers.