America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community, leading collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections and protect every American's right to vote. America Votes works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services and on-the-ground leadership in key states. America Votes' coalition partners advocate for a broad range of issues, including, but not limited to environmental protection, public education, human and civil rights, women's choice and labor. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.AmericaVotes.org.
America Votes seeks an experienced individual for the full-time position of deputy data and targeting manager for the 2018 electoral cycle in North Carolina. America Votes utilizes and offers its partner organizations a range of voter file, data and targeting services and seeks an experienced individual with a combination of technical and political skills to manage these services and work with state partner groups. The deputy data and targeting manager will report to the state director.
- Manage and coordinate all data needs of America Votes state staff and partners.
- Manage voter file access for America Votes partner organizations and their consultants. This includes administration and security; training and providing available technical assistance.
- Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance voter contact programs. This includes assisting partners in employing best practices.
- Manage and enhance volunteer recruitment database, virtual predictive dialer and other web-based programs and information.
- Work with other America Votes staff and partner groups to ensure that programs are maximizing shared voter file, targeting and other data resources.
- Make recommendations and provide strategic support regarding ways to make data and database operations more efficient and effective.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Work with vendors to resolve any information technology issues that may arise.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
- Candidates should understand common direct voter contact programs and have at least one cycle of experience in the use of data in candidate or issue-base campaigns.
- Strong VAN administrative skills are required; familiarity with other online electoral/advocacy tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills are required, as is willingness and aptitude to learn new technical skills such as, but not limited to, QGIS.
- Candidates should have a diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving while working independently or on a team, as well as the ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Must be a self-starter willing to work long, irregular “campaign-style” hours and to travel as needed, especially during campaign season. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of persistence and resourcefulness in solving technical and data problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines.
- Ability to clearly communicate complicated data-related information to audiences without much data background.
- Must demonstrate discretion and good judgment.
- Field experience in a volunteer or staff capacity a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience but ranges from $55,000 - $60,000. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401(K).
Please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to the application form found at https://americavotes.org/jobs/?job_id=6e18f65d-f350-4c00-b661-b4af1be458bb.
If you experience any technical difficulties with our application form, please email Caitlin Opperman at email@example.com. Please note that only applications received through the application form will be considered; please do not email us your application materials.
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer