* $5000 Hiring Bonus available *
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide about 50% of the nation’s blood supply as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. We save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Come bring your ASCP Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) license and passion for blood banking to support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross Blood Services. We are looking for full time Medical Technologists to work in our W. Henrietta, NY office performing specialized testing & blood bank services to serve our local hospital clients. Available schedules are on Second & Third Shift (evenings & overnights).
As a Medical Technologist you will perform basic and advanced donor and patient tests & interpret results to determine donor-recipient compatibility. Primary job responsibilities may include:
• Resolving compatibility problems
• Providing complex reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion services
• Performing automated and manual test procedures on blood samples
Other Medical Technologist duties may include:
• Managing receipt, coordination, shipment and transport of patient and donor blood samples and documenting supply and equipment problems
• Managing reagent inventory (ordering, receiving, inspection and preparation)
• Recognizing/resolving testing irregularities and assisting other Medical Technologists in problem resolution.
• Consulting with staff at other medical facilities, to resolve complex serologic problems and providing special units to transfusion recipients
• Performing maintenance, repair and validation of laboratory equipment and software
• Maintaining accurate records
• Performing manufacturing duties associated with special blood products, if applicable.
• Assuming lead responsibilities such as record review and training; assisting in concern management.
• Performing staff orientation and competency assessments, if applicable. Performing external customer education.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree with major in biological science or chemistry required. New graduates will be considered.
• Certification: ASCP MT, CLS and/or SBB desired. NY State license or limited license for clinical laboratory technologist required.
• Experience/Skills: Strong skills in organization, communication and attention to detail are required. Three plus years of clinical experience desired but not required.
• Available post-training schedule will be 3pm-11:30pm with weekends and holidays (in rotation working 8:30am-5pm).
** This is a sourcing requisition that is used to identify potential candidates for several similar positions currently vacant. If you are contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition Team, you may be directed to apply to a specific, active job opportunity. The candidate profile you build for this requisition can be used to apply for other American Red Cross opportunities.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights