In the wake of the financial crisis, the Federal Reserve has been required to conduct an annual stress test of large Bank Holding Companies (of which AXP is one). The aim of this stress testing process, known as Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), is to evaluate whether AXP holds sufficient capital to absorb losses from adverse macroeconomic conditions. Particular attention has been given to credit loss forecasting under different stress scenarios, and as a result a dedicated cross functional team consisting of Finance and Risk Management professionals has been created to enhance and build out all aspects of the loss provision forecasting process under CCAR.
- Manage the Finance aspects of the CCAR process for loss provision
- Coordinate data inputs and deliverables with partners within the Finance organization responsible for other components of CCAR (e.g. receivables volumes and loss inputs)
- Build and maintain loss provision forecasting models used to produce key inputs into AXP regulatory submissions and maintain or implement sustainable governance and process controls
- Take ownership of specific portfolios/work streams in CCAR enhancements and explain results to senior leaders
- Work closely with Risk professionals developing analytics at pivotal decision points, providing support and documentation for project decisions
- Enhance the process for forecasting additional credit-driven metrics related to CCAR (e.g. delinquency fees, outside agency fees, and segmentation level loss estimations)
- Present project milestones and gain senior management and regulator buy in at various stages of the project.
- Candidate must have strong Excel skills and experience with complex Excel functions.
- Must be able to synthesize complex concepts into understandable business solutions, and demonstrate thought leadership in developing value added analyses.
- Must be results driven and proactive with the ability to manage multiple work streams and work within tight timelines.
- Able to think strategically and have the relationship skills necessary to partner and drive results in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to present on a regular basis to senior management.
- Previous card/risk management/regulatory experience or a Masters-level degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL/SAS or other programming experience is highly desirable.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.