The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their Actuarial operations and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Actuary to join an excellent team and lead their Actuarial function throughout the organization.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Chief Actuary, you will be a key position to advance health system transformation in Oregon's Medicaid program; and develop actuarial models and financial tools in collaboration with an internal actuarial team.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Actuary, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified as management services, non-supervisory and is not represented by a union.
This position will be located in Portland at 421 SW Oak Street.
A Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, or related field AND one year of experience in actuarial-related work;
An Associate's degree in Mathematics or a related field AND three years of experience in actuarial-related work.
Experience and/or training must show:
- Knowledge of higher mathematics and advanced statistical concepts related to actuarial analysis.
- Skill applying actuarial formulae and mathematics to actuarial problems.
- Skill applying advanced statistics principles and techniques to actuarial problems.
- Skill analyzing or interpreting technical data, reports, financial statements, or accounting records.
- Skill drawing logical conclusions from the technical data.
- Skill applying mathematics, economics, or statistics to a given actuarial problem.
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- Active membership with the American Academy of Actuaries
- Extensive knowledge of higher mathematics and advanced statistical principles and techniques as related to actuarial analysis,
- Extensive knowledge of computer concepts, applications and capabilities including systems design programming language and statistical software packages,
- Extensive knowledge of economic, financial, and econometric modeling principles,
- General knowledge of Federal insurance laws and regulations,
- General knowledge of corporate financial and accounting systems,
- General knowledge of auditing principles and generally accepted accounting principles and practices,
- Basic knowledge of interpretive legal decisions pertaining to insurance,
- Basic knowledge of general business law,
- Skill applying actuarial formulas, higher mathematics and advanced statistical principles and techniques to actuarial problems,
- Skill analyzing and interpreting technical data, reports, financial statements and accounting records; drawing logical conclusions; making recommendations based on research findings; and writing technical, narrative and statistical reports,
- Skill computing experience ratings,
- Skill interpreting and analyzing State and Federal court decisions to insurance pricing and insurer's liabilities,
- Skill applying investigative techniques,
- Skill writing concise and courteous letters of inquiry or adjustments relating to actuarial projects,
- Skill applying mathematics, statistics, economics, and finance to actuarial problems, and
- Skill interpreting economic information, explaining trends, and preparing statistical forecasts.
- Skill communicating complex and technical subjects to a diverse audience.
- Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.