Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Standard Schedule: Sunday 4:00pm – 8:00pm and Monday thru Thursday 4:30pm – 8:30pm
The training hours are Monday thru Thursday 4:30pm - 8:30pm
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year of telemarketing, customer service or call center experience is required.
- Proficient in using multiple computer applications simultaneously in a fast-paced environment to quickly and efficiently meet donor service needs.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills required.
- Effective verbal communication skills, the ability to work with potentially difficult customers, and work in a fast-paced call center environment is required.
- Contact blood donors by telephone using a dialer system to recruit for blood donation.
- Use information from multiple computer systems simultaneously to target appropriate blood drives for donor, update donor records as needed and to record outcomes of calls.
- Schedule appointments while providing positive service experience to maximize donor show rates.
- Follow a process and appropriate scripting for conducting a call with a donor, to ensure a consistent donor experience.
- Maintain daily production standard, including phone calls and appointments per hour, to meet established collection goals.
- Develop a working knowledge of donor criteria to inform donors of eligibility and reduce deferral rates.
- Maintain accurate records of donors/groups contacted and appointments scheduled to avoid errors, poor customer relations and to ensure sufficient donor availability.
- May develop new leads and implement new donor recruitment programs to ensure an increased donor base and an adequate blood supply.
- Respond to or transfer inbound calls to the appropriate party.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- May coordinate support of community and business donor groups to assure a positive image of the ARCBS.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified. The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
** This is a sourcing requisition that is used to identify potential candidates for several similar positions currently vacant. If you are contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition Team, you may be directed to apply to a specific, active job opportunity. The candidate profile you build for this requisition can be used to apply for other American Red Cross opportunities.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights