We are looking for a mission-driven, community-oriented individual to assist our blood donor recruitment department with various customer service and support duties. This is a temporary position expected to last 3 - 6 months, working 40 hours per week.
This position will function as a liaison between sponsor groups and donor recruitment staff. Serves as primary inside sales support for assigned Donor Recruitment District. Provide Hemasphere support to assigned district to include confirmation of upcoming blood drives. Produce confidential correspondence and inter-departmental communications, handle incoming calls, distribute incoming and outgoing mail, coordinate meeting arrangements and regular correspondence with sponsors. Ensure district has appropriate sales collateral and blood drive collateral kits.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations
1. Confirms all information regarding blood drives with blood drive coordinators/blood drive sponsors and communicates details (refreshment requests, hold dates, hours of operation, staffing, directions, volunteer needs, collateral materials needed, special equipment and cancellations) to production planning staff to help ensure success of the blood collection effort.
2. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the appropriate staff. Handles customer inquiries and requests in a professional, courteous, helpful and timely manner.
3. Using approved templates and/or campaign materials, may localize blood drive collateral (posters, flyers, table tents, paycheck stuffers, etc) to include location, date, time, goal, etc. Provides review and initiates applicable follow up for the Print Cost Model and exceptions process.
4. Prepares and maintains all account files including correspondence, operational records and customer surveys to ensure accurate documentation of blood drive activity.
5. Sends blood drive confirmations to blood drive coordinators/blood drive sponsors and ARC Chapters on an annual, semi-annual and/or quarterly basis. Sends thank you notes to customers to help ensure the prospect for future customer activity with ARCBS.
6. Handles all inside sales support for assigned Recruitment District team. Includes management of the donor pre sign up process, CRM Status Report review, and DRMS Condensed Report review with Reps for accuracy. May manage High School scholarship tracking and check requests.
7. Assists team in Hemasphere data integrity.
8. Assists in orientation for new Account Specialists and/or new Account Managers.
9. May manage inventory and distribution of donor premiums/giveaway items.
10. Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Scope: Within guidelines, plans own work in support of priorities determined by department management. Utilizes various software applications to produce high quality reports, presentations or other documents.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. May be required to travel to sites throughout the region to meet with potential donor groups. Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Exposure levels are based on the essential functions as stated in this position description; however, in some instances, variances may occur due to the applicable nature of this position within a particular work site. Therefore the work site may determine the exposure level to be greater than or less than the below stated level.
This position is an exposure determination 0 in view of the fact that normal work involves no exposure to blood or blood components and/or human body fluids or tissue samples as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks or performance of or assistance in first aid.
Qualifications: Associate’s degree in business, marketing or combination of education and related experience required. Minimum two years of experience in an office setting with extensive customer contact required. Basic knowledge of computer office products, word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation applications highly desirable. Must possess outstanding organizational and communication skills. Effective problem-solving skills in managing multiple priorities. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights