The Vice President, Talk and Entertainment Programming is responsible for the development and ongoing management of key talent, and partnerships on multiple SiriusXM channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive overall programming strategy and operational direction for a group of SiriusXM programming focused on comedy, uncensored and edgy talk and entertainment.
- Create and execute editorial strategy for all programming including daily, weekly, monthly and specialty shows.
- Identify, recruit, develop, launch and manage new content with developing talent, celebrity hosts and brand partners.
- Manage partner relationships, identifying new content and promotional opportunities.
- Manage weekly, quarterly and annual schedules to meet audience engagement needs; target both current and future subscribers.
- Implement channel strategy via close partnerships with ad sales, PR, interactive and brand marketing, production, talent relations, promotions marketing and other programming groups as required.
- Create vision for on-air imaging package to brand the channels through production.
- Collaborate with, and direct, SiriusXM Program Directors and Producers to recruit and manage talent and production staff.
- Work with programming development, business affairs and legal to negotiate agreements with genre specific brands and talent.
- Work closely with staff to communicate and instill vision of channel(s) and expectations for programming.
- Work with program producers and staff on developing appropriate topics and styles for individual programs.
- Oversee promotion of channel(s) through on-air and off-air opportunities.
- Plan and execute events designed to generate publicity, social media attention and awareness of the programming.
- Actively monitor competitive landscape for opportunities and trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Sirius XM.
- Manage a team of program directors, on-air talent, producers and production staff.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a media environment. Specifically:
- Experience in overseeing traditional and/or new media content and programming development with demonstrated expertise in building, maintaining and growing targeted and niche markets; experience in radio programming preferred.
- Prior experience in programming development, people management and operations at an entertainment and/or media company.
- Experience negotiating talent and content agreements.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing high profile, celebrity talent and entertainment brand relationships.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strengths include developing content and promotional strategies as a "big picture" thinker with the ability to execute fine details.
- Experience with working with talent at a high-level, working within a complex environment of multiple priorities and a large number of simultaneous projects, ability to conceive and execute a plan creatively and logistically.
- Ability to create content and ideas and effectively manage through all phases of development up to on-air launch.
- Expertise in targeted and/or niche programming; strong interest in current events and pop culture as it relates to target genres.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills; ability to influence and lead across work groups and functions.
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative environment, sell management and colleagues into ideas.
- Demonstrated track record in talent management, management of content partners, formats and on air packaging and presentation.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.