Serve as Coordinator for Comedy Programming. Overseeing LIVE broadcasts, call screening, Board Op work for various shows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the operations of LIVE broadcasts to ensure that all aspects of the show are flawlessly executed. Including studio/board operations, live reads, social media, and on demand.
- Bank and screen phone calls.
- Edit archived content for future airing on specialty comedy channel.
- Serve as fill-in board operator for various comedy programs.
- Work with visiting talent and other broadcast facilities to ensure broadcasts run successfully.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- A least one year of experience at radio station or audio production facility.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience working in live radio, preferably Comedy.
- Flexible schedule, must be available to work days, nights, and possibly weekends.
- Thorough understanding and ability to work in the areas of news, politics, and pop culture.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists, and other high profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with broadcast operation software (Prophet, Dalet, etc), and familiarity with digital audio editing software (ProTools, Audition, SoundForge, etc).
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.