Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Distribution Technician for the American Red Cross!
Distribution Technicians perform inventory management in a highly regulated environment—from providing customer service to organizations ordering blood product through shipment of finished goods to area hospitals. Successful Distribution Technicians will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
Hospital Services Distribution Technician – Job Responsibilities
- Store and distribute blood products/samples according to applicable FDA, AABB, CLIA, NRC and Red Cross policies and procedures. Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department. Prioritize workload to meet production and customer requirements.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records.
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Identify and quarantine products/samples that don’t meet quality requirements. Perform disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
- Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and information provided from other departments to meet time requirements and quality standards.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing and shipping process.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples.
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- May make hospital deliveries.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes weekends & holidays, to meet the needs of our hospitals
- Drive for results and serve others with a high level of customer service
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Distribution Technician describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Distribution Technician – Job Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required along with two year experience in a regulatory, distribution or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Position may require a valid driver’s license
- Experience in a regulatory, laboratory or manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Staff performing irradiation tasks may be subject to enhanced security requirements.
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
Hours: Full time; 3rd shift 10:30 pm - 7:00 am
Training: Full time; 4 - 6 weeks; 1st shift Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: $11.00+ based on experience hourly plus shift differential
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights